Heart and Home

Living the good life with the income you already have! Filled with ideas for creative living, our writings are designed to inspire you and your family with ieas for frugal living, homesteading, English cottage gardens, homespun decorating ideas, how-to articles, easy recipes, ways to earn extra money, etc. - all with the old fashioned flavor of yesteryear!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

My Blog: A Storybook Life

Let me Introduce You to my Parrot - Kramer


I've always loved birds - especially ones that can talk :) Several years ago, I asked my husband for an African Gray Parrot, but because they cost in the neighborhood of $1,200 - $1,600, we simply did not have the extra to spend. My husband,in his wisdom said, "If you can find one for $100 you can have one!"

Well, if you know me, I had to find a creative way to make that happen (creative thinking & prayer of course ;) Well, it wasn't long before someone gave me my first African Gray! He was such a joy to our entire family!

While researching the prices of these particular parrots, I found out that it cost just as much for a breeding pair of birds, as it did for a single hand fed baby bird. So.... as you can guess, I decided to start breeding these beautiful birds.

You can find a "proven" (have already proven to be successful parents) pair of breeding birds for approx. $1,400 - $1,600, and they average approx. 2-3 eggs per clutch. Needless to say, they have been a wonderful learning experience for my children, great new additions to many families, and a nice source of extra income.

In comes Kramer......

Kramer is a single male bird that I purchased from a breeder. She had a phone call from a single guy who was in a hurry to move & needed to find a new home for his bird - Kramer.
I fell in love with him & made him a part of our family. He has a wonderful vocabulary - although he needed to "unlearn" some of the "colorful" words that he had learned while living with the partying bachelor :)

He screams like little girls outside playing on a play ground - which he must have heard from his cage inside the house. He loves to scream like a frightened lady - saying "get him off - get him -off". That must have been when he went over to greet an unsuspecting female visitor :) Kramer loves my kids & likes to "call" them for super - especially Daniel, our oldest.

I'll post some pictures soon - until then, I'll also let Kramer speak for himself now & then.

Happy days to you!

Pearl
Living The Good Life With The Income You Already Have
http://www.LittleCountryVillage.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home