Heart and Home

Living the good life with the income you already have! Filled with ideas for creative living, our writings are designed to inspire you and your family with ieas for frugal living, homesteading, English cottage gardens, homespun decorating ideas, how-to articles, easy recipes, ways to earn extra money, etc. - all with the old fashioned flavor of yesteryear!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

My Blog: A Storybook Life

How to Profit From Your Used Musical Instrument


Recently I received an email from a reader who needed some ideas on how to recoup some of the money spent on an instrument that their child no longer wanted to play. I wanted to include these ideas in this issue, because I know that many of you are in the same situation.

Letter from a reader...

I have a used trumpet that my son played for about six months in school band and now we need to sell it. How would I go about this?
Thank you very much, Love your website!

* Dear reader, here are a few ideas that I think will help:

1. Rent it out for a monthly fee. Set a reasonable monthly rate - have a contract signed, then earn your money back many times over!!

2. Sell it on ebay.

3. Contact your local music teachers (in your schools & secondary schools as well) & let them know that you have an instrument for sale.They have many requests for instruments each semester!

4. Donate it to your favorite local charity for a tax write off.

5. Contact music stores in your area to see if they will sell the piece on consignment.

6. Place an add in the "penny saver" type newspapers in your area.


One of these options is bound to work! If not, maybe you can learn to play the trumpet yourself!! *Big Smile*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home